ExpeditionDI® is a man-worn, fully immersive, turn-key team simulation solution for infantry simulation and training. It provides an open architecture platform for integrating simulation and game software.
The system is based on the successful research conducted by CG2 (a wholly Owned Subsidiary of Quantum3D) that delivered the DAGGERS system to U.S. Army RDECOM under the Embedded Training for Dismounted Soldiers STO. ExpeditionDI® provides a collective training environment where participants are jointly immersed in virtual scenarios that challenge them to move and act as individuals, yet maintain the communication and coordination necessary to function effectively as a team. Systems can be networked to larger scale exercises to support combined arms and joint forces training.
Key Technologies in ExpeditionDI®:
- Fully integrated Wearable Computer Pack with ruggedized computer and hot swappable battery in one convenient package (NEW)
- High resolution 1280 x 1024 Head Mounted Display (HMD) for an immersive experience (NEW)
- Tightly coupled head tracker and HMD provides full 360° field-of-regard for Natural Motion and Instinctive Situational Awareness
- Fully instrumented weapon is un-tethered from the body and supports Reflexive Engagement
- Patent pending hand-grip/controller provides intuitive interface for locomotion within the virtual environment
- Posture sensors provide stance information to the simulation software to reinforce correct tactical behavior
- Rugged construction with integrated cable management can withstand the rigors of daily use
For more information, please contact us at:
Ph: +1-408-600-2500 ext. 4
The ExpeditionDI® system presents a realistic virtual world that fully immerses trainees with the sights and sounds of complex environments, and reinforces the cognitive skills and reflex actions required to achieve mission success. This experience can be leveraged to train any occupation that places it’s professionals in the line of fire, whether military, special security forces, or civil law enforcement. The system is portable and supports conducting exercises and mission rehearsals where the trainees live, work, or are deployed, allowing them to train any time, any place.
ExpeditionDI® provides the most advanced, real-time and realistic mission training from anywhere:
- ExpeditionDI’s value has been proven in the field during the PEO STRI Virtual Soldier Training System (VSTS) Program and Air Assault Expeditionary Force (AAEF) Spiral C exercises, conducted under the RDECOM-SSTC ECATT-MR program.
- ExpeditionDI® is being incorporated into the Future Immersive Training Environment Joint Capabilities Demonstration (FITE-JCTD) sponsored by the Joint Forces Command.
Features and Benefits
- Flexible — Open architecture allows ExpeditionDI® to host a variety of simulation software, including: VBS2 from Bohemia Interactive, SVS from Advanced Interactive Systems, RealWorld from DARPA and Total Immersion and GDIS from Research Network, Inc. Virtually any SW platform can be integrated via the ExpeditionDI® SDK.
- Un-tethered — ExpeditionDI® is completely un-tethered and wireless - no cables or wires allow each trainee to have the freedom to move independently.
- Immersive — Trainees are fully engaged in the virtual training environment. Interaction with the virtual world is based on simple, instinctive reflexes and natural motions so trainees don’t have to learn new “simulation only” skills.
- SquadKit — ExpeditionDI® SquadKit is available for US Army and US Marine Corps, complete with all hardware, software, and cabling. Enables synchronized, coordinated missions.
- Weapons — Patent-pending wireless synthetic environment controller (M4A1 standard, M4/M203 & M249 optional)
- Cost Effective — A completely self-contained system (or set of systems) that can be used at any location. There is no need to set up a dedicated facility or external instrumentation in order to use ExpeditionDI®, making it the most cost effective solution available in its class with respect to up-front investment, life-cycle costs, and redeployment costs and effort.